All you need to know to become a vendor at Calico Arts & Crafts Show
Calico Spring Arts and Crafts Show – March 18-19, 2023
Saturday, March 18, 2023, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, March 19, 2023, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Feb. 10 – Deadline for receipt of completed applications and payment – returning exhibitors turning in application after this deadline will not be given same space consideration.
Feb. 15 – Notification of acceptance/rejection will be mailed to applicant.
March 1 – No money refunded after March 1.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE.
Have all of your information ready when you begin the application process as you will not be able to save an incomplete application.
Each application must be accompanied by:
Fee payment (for returning vendors only). New vendors, once accepted, will be contacted for payment.
- Four (4) photos (minimum) including one (1) of your booth set-up, two (2) of your craft and one (1) of you creating your craft. Photos should be representative of the work you wish to sell at the Calico Show. You must submit recent photos of creation and final product of all items sold in your booth.
- A completed and signed application
High resolution, digital images should be submitted when completing the online application. Note: Jurying Committee if necessary may request additional photos of creation process. Jury decisions are based on your photos and information provided on your application form. Please send the best photos you have available. Your photos are an important factor in your acceptance/non-acceptance to the show.
Acceptance or Non-Acceptance letters will be mailed by Feb. 15, 2023. Acceptance or Declines will not be confirmed or discussed by telephone. All decisions of the jurying committee are final. The jurying committee will have final approval on all acceptance/declines, placement and reserves the right to remove misrepresented or inappropriate materials from the show.
Applications must be submitted online on or before: Feb. 10, 2023. This applies to returning exhibitors – no space consideration will be given to those applications received after the Feb 10, 2023, deadline.
- Selection is based on quality and skill in workmanship, original and creative ideas as well as attractiveness of booth display.
- All arts and crafts media are eligible.
- Items submitted must be the original work of the artist or craftsman applying. Items not created by the exhibitor or not in the category for which applied will not be permitted in the show.
- This show is promoted as an arts and crafts show, not buy/sell. Resale of wholesale items IS NOT permitted and will result in immediate dismissal without refund. No manufactured, imported items, mass-produced items or kits will be allowed.
- Artists can only display work that has been juried. If you have not received approval to sale a particular product in your booth, you are not allowed to have it in your booth.
- The jurying committee will assign all spaces and honor any space request, whenever possible, based on availability.
- Exhibitors must have enough stock for the entire show. They must be on time and stay for the duration of the show.
- Booths cannot open late or close early at any time.
- No refunds due to rain or any other inclement weather situations will be issued.
- Cancellations by applicant after March 1 will result in a loss of all fees. Withdrawal at any time must be in writing and signed by applicant to be official and remain in good standing. Emails are acceptable.
- Exhibitors are responsible for collecting, reporting and paying Georgia State/County Sales Tax on all sales (8%). Forms provided by the Georgia Department of Revenue will be included in your packet that you pick up at registration.
- Booths may NOT be dismantled before 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. No early breakdown is permitted.
- Booth spaces are 10 feet wide by 8 feet deep (indoors) and 12 feet wide by 12 feet deep (outdoors). All displays, transactions and activities must be confined to exhibitor’s assigned space. Signs, tents, canopies or any other part or
- display may not extend over or into walkways. Booths must be kept neat in appearance and not distract from neighboring displays. This will be strictly enforced.
- Overnight security is provided Friday and Saturday nights. Management provides after hours security for exhibit area with the understanding that Calico Arts and Crafts Show is not, and will not be responsible in any way for loss or damage to exhibitor’s property. Exhibitors are responsible for their own personal and property liability.
- Pets are not allowed in the exhibit grounds. Please plan accordingly.
- No alcoholic beverages, no profane language or lewd conduct will be tolerated.
- The show staff does not keep change on hand for the exhibitors. Please be sure to prepare for this before arriving to the show.
Friday, March 17: Crafter Registration and Set-Up, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 18: Crafter Set-Up, 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, March 19: Crafter Breakdown, 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The City of Moultrie Campground, located within walking distance of the Calico site has a $30 per night per camper for 30 amp hookups and $35 per night per camper for available 50 amp hookups. Please call the office if you want a 50 amp hook up to confirm availability before sending in a check. No advance reservation is required. Rental will be collected from camper on-site. Call: 229-890-5425
Hotels + Other Accommodations
Moultrie and the surrounding area offer a wide variety of places to stay during your trip to Calico Arts & Crafts Show. Visit the Moultrie Chamber of Commerce for a complete list of places to stay.
Each year I look forward to Calico Arts and Crafts Shows. I have been an art vendor selling canvas paintings at both the Spring and Holiday shows for over five years. The staff at Calico anticipate the needs of vendors and guests. They are always available with friendly attitudes and willing to help with questions or issues. Calico shows are heavily promoted and loved by return guests that are ready to shop! The variety of top- quality vendors at Calico will surely please any guest. Whether thinking of applying to become a vendor or visiting as a guest, I highly recommend Calico Arts & Crafts Shows.Rhonda Griffin TessierRhonda Griffin Fine Arts
I operate a very busy handmade jewelry business so when it comes to participating in “shows” I don’t mess around! I only pick the most beneficial shows and Calico exceeds my expectations every single time. The Calico Arts and Craft shows are exactly where you want to be seen with your product. It's one of the most organized events I've ever attended. The show organizers do an excellent job promoting their events as well as keeping customers engaged while the event is going on. Their artisan shows attract a large crowd of people interested in a variety of hand-crafted goods.Amzie CooperCreations by Zee