Holiday Arts and Crafts Show
Sat. Nov. 10, 2018 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sun. Nov 11, 2018 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Exhibitor Registration and Set-Up/Breakdown Schedule
Friday, Nov. 9: Crafter Registration and Set-Up, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10: Crafter Set-Up, 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, Nov. 11: Crafter Breakdown, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
MAY 1st: Applications will be available
The Calico Arts and Crafts Show is a one-stop shopping extravaganza for Southwest Georgia and the surrounding area. From ornamental iron home and garden décor, to painted glass and antiques, to whimsical painted children’s furniture and accessories…it’s all together in one location. The show has become an established, highly anticipated event held each March and November. The Calico Shows are held at Spence Field in Moultrie, Georgia, just 4 miles Southeast of Highway 319 on Highway 133.
The exceptional quality of the arts and crafts is ensured through a jury process which receives approximately 500 applications from not only local craftsman, but creative artisans from across the country. The shows are advertised by television, radio, flyers, newspapers, magazines and social media. It is an excellent chance for you, the vendor, to sell your goods to a wide cross section of the Southeast. Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the excitement, profit and fun!
August 1 – Notification of acceptance/rejection will be mailed to applicants
September 1 – No refunds will be given
- Each application must be accompanied by:
- Payment for all fees
- b. Four (4) photos including one (1) of your booth set-up, two (2) of your craft and one (1) of you demonstrating your process.
- c. A completed and signed application
- High resolution, digital images can be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com. Note: Jurying Committee if necessary may request additional photos of creation process. Jury decisions are based on your photos and information provided on your application form. Please send the best photos you have available. Your photos are an important factor in your acceptance/non-acceptance to the show.
- Acceptance or Non-Acceptance letters will be mailed. Acceptance or Declines will not be confirmed or discussed by telephone. All decisions of the jurying committee are final. The jurying committee will have final approval on all acceptance/declines, placement and reserves the right to remove misrepresented or inappropriate materials from the show.
- Applications must be postmarked on or before the deadline. This applies to returning exhibitors- no space consideration will be given to those applications received after the deadline.
- Each application must be accompanied by:
- Selection is based on quality and skill in workmanship, original and creative ideas as well as attractiveness of booth display.
- All arts and crafts media are eligible.
- Items submitted must be the original work of the artist or craftsman applying. Items not created by the exhibitor or not in the category for which applied will not be permitted in the show.
- This show is promoted as an arts and crafts show, not buy/sell. Resale of wholesale items IS NOT permitted and will result in immediate dismissal without refund. No manufactured, imported items, mass-produced items and kits will be allowed.
- Artists can only display work that has been juried.
- The jurying committee will assign all spaces and honor any space request, whenever possible, based on availability.
- Exhibitors must be enough stock for the entire show. They must be on time and stay for the duration of the show. Booths cannot open late or close early at any time.
- No refunds due to rain or any other inclement weather situations will be issued.
- Cancellations by applicant after September 1 will result in a loss of all fees. Withdrawal at any time must be in writing and signed by applicant to be official and remain in good standing. Emails are acceptable.
- Electricity will be provided only to those exhibitors who pay the designated fee.
- Exhibitors are responsible for collecting, reporting and paying Georgia State/County Sales Tax on all sales (7%). Forms provided by the Georgia Department of Revenue will be included in your packet that you pick up at registration.
- Booths may not be dismantled before 4:00p.m. on Sunday. No early breakdown is permitted.
- Booth spaces are 10 feet wide by 8 feet deep (indoors) and 12 feet wide by 12 feet deep (outdoors). All displays, transactions and activities must be confined to exhibitor’s assigned space. Signs, tents, canopies or any other part or display may not extend over or into walkways. Booths must be kept neat in appearance and not distract from neighboring displays.
- Overnight security is provided Friday and Saturday nights. Management provides after hours security for exhibit area with the understanding that Calico Arts and Crafts Show is not, and will not be responsible in any way for loss or damage to exhibitor’s property. Exhibitors are responsible for their own personal and property liability.
- Pets are not allowed in the exhibit grounds. Please plan accordingly. No alcoholic beverages, no profane language or lewd conduct will be tolerated.
Hours, Tickets & More
Saturday - 9:00a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Sunday – 10:00a.m. until 4:00p.m.
Ticket prices: Adults $5.00
CASH ONLY at the Ticket Booths
Children 12 and under are free with a parent
No pets please